Courtesy of Heluva Good!
- Cheeses should be wrapped for storage individually, preferably in tight-fitting plastic wrap. Don’t store different flavors together in the same package.
- If surface mold occurs on cheese, simply trim off the mold and an area about 1/4 inch around the mold.
- Cheese is best stored in the refrigerator as close to the bottom of the appliance as possible – the vegetable compartment is ideal.
- Shredded cheeses are more susceptible to mold and are best when used three to five days after opening.
- Thaw cheese slowly in the refrigerator.
- Freezing soft cheese is not recommended. It may alter the appearance and texture.