How to Throw an Olympics Opening Ceremony Party
It’s hard to believe that four years have gone by since the last winter Olympics. The 2018 Winter Olympics opening ceremony kicks off tomorrow evening in PyeongChang, South Korea. Since majority of us will be watching on TV and not in person, what better way to celebrate than by hosting an opening ceremony party from the comfort of your home. It’s the perfect occasion to get creative and go for gold!
With so many versatile refrigerated ingredients for recipes and products from the international aisle of the frozen food section, it’s simple to whip together a buffet featuring foods from around the world!
- Set up a toppings bar for these All-American BBQ-Bacon Cheeseburgers.
- Enjoy some bite-size comfort food with tasty Chicken and Waffle Cones.
- These Pretzel Hot Dogs are sure score a perfect 10 with your guests!
- What’s more American than apple pie? Bake up an Original Flaky Crust Apple Pie and don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
- Celebrate your American pride with these festive Star Spangled Sandwich Cookies!
- Bake up these Beef and Cheese Taquitos and serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
- Whip together your own Chunky Guacamole and Super Easy Salsa Verde and prepare to be worshiped the rest of the party!
- What could be more fun then setting up a Quesadilla Bar?
- Everyone will come back for seconds when you serve these Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas.
- These Churro Rolls are definitely gold-medal worthy!
Team United Kingdom
- You can chow down on Easy Shepherd’s Pie without hopping the pond!
- Enjoy the classic fish and chips meal with Beer Battered Cod and French fries.
- Serve this unique take on a classic dish, Vegetable Yorkshire Pudding.
- Warm up with some hearty Irish Beef Stew while watching the athletes!
- Pay homage to Korea with delicious Bibimbap Beef Fried Rice!
- A classic dish of Sweet & Sour Chicken is a must when celebrating Asian cuisine!
- Chicken Pad Thai is filled with Thailand flavor that will satisfy your taste buds.
- Roll some flavor into your party with Pork & Shrimp Egg Rolls.
- Mini Vegetable Spring Rolls are a crowd pleaser for your Olympics party needs!
- Add some Pork Potstickers to your Asian table for this celebration!
- It’s not trutly a party unless you have a big dish of Hearty German-Style Potato Salad.
- Bratwurst Wraps are an easy way to entertain your taste buds.
- Beer lovers near and far will enjoy Beerocks (Bierocks).
- Pineapple Noodle Pudding is a German classic that represents the best of the country during your Olympic party.
- Nothing screams Germany more than a decadent German Chocolate Cake!
- Serving your favorite Italian dish to a crowd is easier as Spaghetti Meatball Pie!
- Layer on the cheese without all the work– bake a pan of Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna!
- Represent Tean Italy with these Mini Focaccias.
- Pizza, please! Fresh Mozzarella Margherita Pizza is a fun twist to an Italian classic.
- Classic Cannolis are the celebratory treat you need to cheer on Team Italy!
- Enjoy this classic French dish without all the work by baking up Chicken Cordon Bleu.
- Is watching all of these winter sports making you cold? Warm up with a bowl of French Onion Soup.
- Mixed Berry Ice Cream Crepes will take your taste buds on a journey to France and back without leaving your couch!
- Sweet victory! Celebrate Team France victories with decadent Chocolate Mousse.
- Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kebabs are an inside look into Team Greece!
- Head to the kitchen for a taste of Greece with Gyro Sliders.
- Make your own Hummus and serve with pita chips or vegetables!
- Travel to the streets of Greece with Baklava Mini Bites!
Need a little more inspiration?
For more recipe ideas, download our free e-Cookbook, International Favorites: 6 Menus from Around the World, from Mr. Food Test Kitchen!