Sweet and Savory Quick Bread Recipes for the Holidays
You’ve heard the expression “the best thing since sliced bread.” We love all kinds of bread. During the busy holiday season, making quick breads in a mix of flavors will satisfy everyone and not take a lot of time. Quick bread is any bread made with leavening agents other than yeast or eggs (such as baking powder or baking soda). An advantage of quick breads is their ability to be prepared quickly. The dough or batter can be baked immediately, without the time-consuming labor needed for traditional yeast breads. We like to have a variety of sweet and savory options for holiday get-togethers and overnight guests.
These sweet quick bread recipes are perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- Cranberry Orange Zest Bread is perfect for your holiday table or just for a pick-me-up any day of the week.
- Change-up your ordinary banana bread. The blend of spices take this Chai Banana Bread to a whole new level.
- Fresh Ginger Gingerbread fills your house with the wonderful aroma of spices.
- For your vegan family members and guests, Vegan Zucchini Almond Bread has all the flavor without the dairy.
- This breakfast bread favorite gets a fresh remake in Strawberry Rhubarb Monkey Bread.
When you need something comforting, these savory quick bread recipes will have your mouth watering.
- Mexi-Filled Corn Bread is a lively update to the traditional corn bread.
- Moist and delicious Cottage Cheese Dill Bread is great right our of the oven or warmed the next day.
- This Cheesy Beer Bread is perfect to pair with a steaming bowl of chili on cold nights.
- Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread is a quick, heat and eat bread perfect for any gathering.
- Get your morning bacon fix with a savory and easy to make Buttermilk Cheddar-Bacon Bread.
Bonus! Try some of these ideas to transform a regular loaf of bread into a new taste sensation.
- Day-old French bread takes on a new life with Strawberries and Cream French Toast Casserole.
- The sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and Parm in this Italian-inspired Antipasto Loaf will have you saying “Ciao Bella”!
- Apple and Cheddar Bread Pudding is a comfort dessert with sweet apple cinnamon and savory cheddar.
- Get your bacon and avocado fix with this savory Bacon Avocado Garlic Toast with Corn.
- Is it breakfast or dessert? Banana French Toast Bread Pudding lets you have the best of both worlds.
Does your family have a favorite bread recipe?