Shrimp-tastic Recipes for National Shrimp Day!
Today is yet another awesome food holiday to celebrate—it’s National Shrimp Day! Did you know that Americans eat more shrimp than any other seafood? Of the 15.5 pounds of fish and shellfish eaten by the average American each year, shrimp accounts for 4 pounds, topping the entire list.
Besides tasting delicious, shrimp is low in fat and calories, and the high amount of “good fats” in shrimp reduces the impact of cholesterol. While the USDA recommends you eat both fish and shellfish to get your two 4-ounce servings of seafood per week, why not treat everyday like it’s National Shrimp Day? (Don’t mind if we do!)
Skip the fancy seafood restaurant and instead head to the frozen food section of your grocery store! Below are common varieties of shrimp found in the freezer aisle—just heat and enjoy:
– Garlic Butter
There’s no need to peel and devein shrimp when you can use frozen shrimp to cook up these shrimp-tacular recipes:
- Whether for a cookout or to hold you over until dinner at home, these Shrimp Cheese Crisps are so simple to make.
- Bacon wrapped shrimp? Yes please—bake up these incredible Sugared Butterflies!
- Summer Shrimp Gazpacho makes for the perfect appetizer for a backyard BBQ.
- Butterfly Shrimp Bruschetta will totally be your new go-to appetizer.
- One bite of this Hot N’ Spicy Shrimp Dip and you’ll be obsessed!
- We can’t get enough of these Mini Spinach and Shrimp Quesadillas with Avocado.
- Bet you didn’t think nachos could get any better—make these Chili Citrus Shrimp Nachos!
- Turn your frozen pizza and shrimp into this flavorful Polynesian Popcorn Shrimp Pizza!
- Make your ordinary spaghetti extraordinary by adding shrimp to the mix—Spring Shrimp Spaghetti.
- Shrimp Tostadas with Chipotle Cream make for a tasty lunch for your family.
- Even the pickiest of eaters will devour these Spinach and Shrimp Mini Pizzas!
- Grits aren’t just for breakfast! Whip up Margaritaville Sunset Shrimp and Grits.
- Tantalize your taste buds with Boomerang Shrimp Stir-Fry for dinner!
- Combine a classic Italian dish with a Mexican dish to make this Simple Shrimp Scampi Paella.
- This scrumptious Mexican Shrimp Flatbread is sure to become a new family-favorite!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy shrimp? Let us know in the comments below!