Share the Holiday Spirit with Edible Gifts
With Christmas fast approaching, the pressure is on to find the perfect gift for your spouse, children, parents, siblings, coworkers… the list goes on! Why not present them with something thoughtful and homemade like delicious holiday treats–they’re edible gifts!
It wouldn’t be Christmas without cookies – these recipes are sure to please everyone on your list:
- These crispy and colorful Holiday Honey Melt Sugar Cookies can be cut into your favorite Christmas-y shapes!
- Cherry and White Chocolate Cookies are chunky and filled with all kinds of goodies.
- These Ginger Cookies are sweet with just the right amount of brown sugar and molasses.
- Chocolate Cherry Blossoms are rich, fudgy and topped with a kiss!
- These Mini Vanilla Wafer Cookie Sandwiches are so tasty and filled with a White Chocolate Orange Ganache.
You won’t want to give away these drool-worthy brownie and cookie bar recipes:
- As if one layer isn’t enough, these Triple Layer Brownies are so rich and delicious!
- Candy Cane Dessert Squares are great for all those mint lovers out there.
- If you prefer cinnamon, spice and pumpkin flavors, these Pumpkin Pie Bars have your name all over them.
- You’ll love the pop of red in these sweet Cranberry Squares!
- Gingerbread Crunch Magic Cake Bars are the perfect mix of gingerbread with a crunchy topping.
- Not only do these Nanaimo Bars look cool, they’re made of three unique layers: a crust, custard filling and icing.
These assorted treats will satisfy any sweet tooth this Christmas:
- Holiday Gingerbread Fudge not only looks cute, it’s also so creamy and rich.
- Wrap these Mini Cheesecakes in a Jar with festive holiday ribbon for the perfect edible gift!
- It doesn’t get any more adorable than these Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread mini bundts!
- You won’t be able to stop popping these Milk Chocolate Café Truffles in your mouth.
- These Vegan Funfetti Cake Pops can be decorated with holiday sprinkles!
Get your craftiness on and explore these simple tips and ideas for wrapping up your holiday baked goods and sweet desserts:
- Pile your brownies or cookie bars into a single stack (ideally 2-5 bars) and place in a clear treat bag. Use your most colorful ribbon (curling or fabric) to tie a pretty bow!
- If you’re making cake pops or any candies/desserts on a stick, place a few in a mason jar and cover the entire jar with a clear bag, tying the top with ribbon.
- Your local craft stores sell foldable treat boxes with holiday patterns or colors – simply line the boxes or tins with colored or glittery tissue paper and fill with your desserts.
- If you don’t have fancy, holiday-printed treat boxes or containers, cover up a plain box with wrapping paper or brown craft paper and add a gift tag and bow!
- For smaller treats like fudge, truffles or candy, grab a mason jar and stuff it full of sweets, then tie a bow around the lid or just place an adhesive gift bow on the top.
- Fill inexpensive clear, plastic cocktail cups with small treats (think caramel popcorn, candy bark, chocolate-covered pretzels, etc.) and cover with a plastic treat bag and bow.
- Add some pizazz to a plain zipper baggie by writing a cute message in Sharpie (get creative with metallic colors!) or adding holiday stickers or gift tags to the outside.
- For any desserts that are tied closed or use ribbon, include a gift tag with the recipient’s name and a sweet message.
What are your holiday edible gift ideas?