Slam-Dunk Game-Day Munchies for March Madness
Calling all basketball fans near and far… March Madness is finally here! This much anticipated competition for the NCAA title brings out the hungriest crowd. March Madness dates back to 1939 in the first ever NCAA men’s basketball tournament. The popularity of this elite basketball bracket has grown exponentially. By the year 2005, gamblers worldwide were investing into the games second best to the Super Bowl.
In the beginning, March Madness was only composed of 8 teams. Since 2001, the bracket was updated to host 65 teams. Whether your team wins or loses, there’s one thing everyone can come together on… the game day snacks!
Appetizer recipes to keep your crowd focused on the game:
- Kick up the heat during game day with a batch of these Spicy Hot Wing Party Bites.
- Bacon Baskets and Balls with Spicy Mac and Cheese are basketball-inspired for some game day fun!
- Every hungry fan loves a good burger! Make it hand-held with this recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Empanadas.
- Ham and Cornbread Sliders are a bite-size, flavor-packed finger food for your fans.
- Spice up the competition with Buffalo Veggie Tots.
- When it’s time for the Final Four, make sure to have a Bracket Winner Cheesy Basketball on hand!
- Petite Pepperoni Pizzas are a simple way to incorporate a fan-favorite craving of game day pizzas.
- Gather around the TV with a Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Party Loaf.
- During warm ups, make sure to prepare the Veggie Wrap-Ups.
- Ultimate Pierogy Nachos are a crowd favorite.
Frozen appetizers allow you to save time in the kitchen and spend more time watching the game:
- Loaded Beef Nacho Rolled Tacos are a grab and go snack for exciting games!
- These Mini Cheddar Pierogies Seasoned with Bacon are mini in size and big in flavor.
- Chicken Mini Egg Rolls are game-day ready for your hungry guests.
- Enjoy a classic favorite during March Madness with a helping of General Tso’s Chicken.
- Supreme Bagel Bites give you bold pizza flavor in small, ready to eat bites.
- As the competition heats up, make sure to heat up a round of Any’Tizers Boneless Sriracha Bites.