Recipe At A Glance
A fun twist on the traditional fried egg sandwich is an Open Faced Egg and Avocado Sandwich
• 1 slice of bread, fresher the better
• 1/4 ripe avocado
• 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• salt & pepper, to taste
• 1 egg
• 1/2 heirloom tomato, sliced
1. Pre-heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, mash together the avocado, lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper until well mixed.
3. Toast bread to personal liking.
4. While bread is toasting, crack an egg in the warmed pan and cook until your egg reaches over easy. You want the yolk to have a hint of crust on the outside but gooey insides. Don’t forget to salt & pepper your egg. Remove egg from heat once it reaches your preferred level of doneness.
5. Slice heirloom tomato into thin slices.
6. Build your open-faced sandwich by spreading avocado spread on toast, followed by tomatoes, then egg. Add salt and pepper. Enjoy!