- 4 oz + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of flour, sifted three times
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half
For filling and frosting:
- 2 quarts Breyers® Cherry Vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 oz) bag of Dole® Cherry Berry Blend
- Cherries to garnish
You will also need:
- 2-8 inches round baking pans
- 1-9 inches round springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Wax paper
- Plastic wrap
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (170 C) degrees.
- Butter the two 8-inches round baking pans, then line sides and bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until soft. Add eggs one by one, until incorporated.
- Add one-half of the dry ingredients into the batter, mix again.
- Add the 1/4 cup fresh milk and the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Just until integrated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter between the two lined baking pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let it rest for five minutes.
- Pierce surface all around with a fork or toothpick.
- Blend condensed milk, evaporated milk and half & half.
- Pour 1 cup of the milk mixture on one cake slowly until absorbed. Repeat with the other cake.
- Put the rest of the milk mixture in the fridge.* You will notice the cake will absorb milk mixture slowly so I recommend using two different cups and alternating back and forth.
- Let it rest until cool and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.