Recipe At A Glance
It’s what’s on the inside that counts.
- 1 (18 oz.) box José Olé® Steak and Cheddar Mini Chimichangas prepared according to package directions, chopped into quarters
- 8 medium green, red, orange and yellow bell peppers (2 of each color)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (12 oz.) jars or 1 (20 oz. or larger jar) mild or medium salsa piquante
- 1 (8.8 oz.) pouch fully-cooked rice
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, scallions, and black olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut tops off peppers and scoop out any seeds and white membrane.
- Arrange peppers, cut-side up in a 9×12″ baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Chimichanga pieces, black beans, salsa and rice.
- Fill each pepper “cup” to the brim. Place baking pan on a cookie sheet to catch any spills.
- Add about 1/4” water to bottom of baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer peppers to a large serving dish using a slotted spoon.