Recipe At A Glance
Get your entire family in the Christmas spirit with these simple and kid-friendly festive Candy Cane cookies!
- 2 pkgs. refrigerated cookie dough
- 1/2 tsp. red food coloring
- 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
- Take refrigerated cookie dough out of packages.
- Combine all pieces of refrigerated dough until you have one big batch of dough.
- Separate dough in half and color one half red by mixing in the food coloring.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease your cookie sheets.
- Roll a small amount of each dough to form a 2-in long worm.
- Roll them together to create a twisted rope and curve the end just like a candy cane.
- Place onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the oven.
- Place white sugar in an medium sized bowl.
- Once done, roll sugar cookies in the white sugar.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies (48 servings).