Recipe At A Glance
Make a holiday breakfast even more of a treat by combining it with a dessert, like bread pudding. With warm flavors, rich textures, and pure decadence, this is the perfect holiday morning breakfast for the whole family to enjoy.
• 3 bananas
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 6 NestFresh Eggs
• 2 cups half-and-half
• 1/4 maple syrup
• 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 loaf French bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and slice the bananas into coins.
3. Roll the bananas in sugar.
4. Melt the butter in pan.
5. Once the butter is melted, cook the bananas until they are golden brown (5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the NestFresh Eggs, half-and-half, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
7. Slice the loaf into 1-inch thick pieces and lay evenly into a deep baking sheet.
8. Pour the liquid mixture over the bread and top with the bananas. Pressing any exposed pieces into the liquid, allow the dish to soak for 15 minutes.
9. Bake for 50 minutes until set.
10. Serve with additional maple syrup.