The PIE-fect National Pie Day Celebration
Happy National Pie Day! The traditional pie dessert that we know and love has definitely evolved over the years. The Oxford English Dictionary notes that the word pie was a popular word in the 14th century. In the beginning ages of pie, pie crust wasn’t even eaten, only the filling was consumed. The early pies were predominantly meat pies, as well. The early Romans ate their pies from reeds and in early settled America, pies were eaten from coffyns. English tradition credits making the first cherry pie to Queen Elizabeth I!
We simply cannot contain our excitement over pie, so we just had to share pies for breakfast, dinner and dessert!
Start your morning with scrumptious breakfast pies:
- Spice up your morning with this Mexican-inspired South of the Boarder Breakfast Pie!
- This Crustless Spinach Quiche is full of veggies and has the bonus of being low-carb.
- Rancher’s Breakfast Pie combines all your morning favorites – hash browns, eggs, bacon and cheese – into one delicious dish.
- This star-studded Cheesy Broccoli Tart will make you the hero of your next Sunday brunch!
Whether pot pie or shepherd’s pie, we can’t get enough of pies for dinner:
- This Turkey Pot Pie is comfort food at its best and is as easy as bake and eat.
- Loaded Shepherd’s Pie is a tasty mash-up of shepherd’s pie and loaded potatoes but with the added twist of mashed cauliflower.
- All your favorite flavors are wrapped into the flaky crust of this Cheesy Chicken & Bacon Pot Pie.
- You can still celebrate Pie Day on Taco Tuesday with an easy and delicious Taco Pie.
If you like to stick with the traditional, you’ll love these frozen pies that are ready-to-bake and easy pie recipes:
- A true treat, Turtle Pie combines the decadence of chocolate and caramel with a cookie crumb crust and a sprinkle of pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Discover the cream pie that made Boston famous. Boston Cream Pie is a layered with cake, pudding and chocolate.
- The traditional tangy lemon filling topped with fluffy meringue makes this Lemon Meringue Pie a cool American classic.
- Chocolate lovers we have the pie for you. Brownie Bottom Pudding Pie has a fudgy brownie crust topped with creamy chocolate pudding.
- The whole family will go bananas over this dreamy Coconut Cream Pie!
- The sweet, tart perfection of the classic Cherry Pie will have you savoring every bite.
- Everyone will love the minty taste of this Grasshopper Pie, you’ll love how easy it is to make!
With these easy-as-pie desserts, you don’t have to give up your favorite pie flavors just because you’re short on time.
- A portable Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Smoothie gives you the unique pie flavor without all the work and can be savored on-the-go.
- Whether you dip or dunk, Quick Pumpkin Pie Dip comes together in minutes and is full of traditional pumpkin pie taste.
- Classic Pecan Pie Bars combine a tender shortbread crust and pecan pie filling all in a bite-sized bar that’s perfect for your next party.
- Pie Crust Nachos are a simple and scrumptious bite-sized dessert that is perfect for sharing.
How will you be celebrating National Pie Day?