Perfectly Portable Pillsbury Pizza Cones
Craving something delicious when you’re on-the-go? Roll up your favorite fillings and say “Cheese!” with these Pizza Cones from our friends at Pillsbury. They’re handheld pizza fun that’s perfect for game-day or any day!
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 24 frozen cooked mini meatballs, thawed, cut in half
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3.5 oz) pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow or green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded pizza cheese (3 oz)
Step 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Wrap 12 (4-oz.) cone paper cups with nonstick foil.
Step 2 Unroll 1 (13.8-oz.) can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust dough on work surface. Roll dough into 20×15-inch rectangle; cut into 12 (5-inch) squares. Wrap 1 dough square around each paper cup; press to seal edges. Trim any excess dough at bottom of each cup.
Step 3 Place dough cones on large cookie sheet, open ends down. Bake on lowest oven rack for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Step 4 When cool enough to touch, remove dough from foil-covered paper cones; discard paper cones. Fill dough cones with sauce and your favorite pizza toppings OR for an extra kick of flavor, try this quick and saucy mix:
- Place 1/2 meatball in bottom of each cone. In large bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the pizza sauce, the pepperoni, bell pepper and remaining meatball halves. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes or until hot. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into each baked cone. Top each cone with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve hot with remaining pizza sauce.
And there you have it! A perfectly portable, personalized pizza in a cone that’s ready for tailgating or whatever comes your way! How would you customize your own Pizza Cones? Tell us in the comments below!
About Pillsbury™ Pillsbury products have been trusted by families to make mealtimes special for more than 130 years. Favorite Pillsbury products include refrigerated cookies, crescent dinner rolls, breads, biscuits, pie crusts, pizza crusts and sweet rolls as well as frozen biscuits, pie crusts and breakfast items. For product information and great-tasting recipes, visit www.Pillsbury.com or visit www.GeneralMills.com for company information.
Pillsbury is a member of the National Frozen and Refrigerated Food Association and this post originally appeared on Pizza Cones How-To.
About General Mills General Mills is one of the world’s leading food companies, operating in more than 100 countries around the world. Its brands include Cheerios, Fiber One, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Wanchai Ferry, Yoki, and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 worldwide sales of US $17.8 billion.