Ooey, Gooey Brownie Recipes You’ll Love
Happy National Brownie Day! Where did the ever-so-wonderful brownie dessert originate from? It can be credited to chefs from the Palmer House Hotel in Chicago, Illinois, who created “brownies” for the World Columbian Exposition of 1893. The chefs were tasked with creating a dessert that could be served in boxed lunches and was easy to eat. Their creation was a super chocolate-y bar with walnuts and an apricot glaze, very similar to what we know today as a brownie. 
The first time a “brownie” recipe appeared in a cookbook was in the 1896 edition of The Boston Cooking-School Cookbook, but this dessert was more like what we now call a “blondie.”  Additional early published brownie recipes had almost identical ingredients and appeared in the Service Club of Chicago’s 1904 Cook Book, as well as Eleanor P. Quimby’s 1904 Home Cookery book.  The exact origin of the word “brownies” is speculated, however the sweet dessert’s chocolately-brown color could certainly have something to do with it!
If you’re looking for the ultimate brownie recipe, check out these classics:
- These Chocolate MELT Organic Brownies are a simple yet unforgettable recipe!
- If fudgy brownies are your fave, you’ll go crazy over these Ultimate Fudgy Brownies.
- Or if you like it cakey, these Ultimate Cakey Frosted Brownies are all you’ll need!
- Cream Cheese Brownies are creamy and oh-so-chocolatey!
- If you like brownies with all the extra goodies, check out these Nutty Caramel Layer Brownies.
Or try these interestingly unique holiday brownie recipes!
- Christmas Tree Brownies are not only super adorable, but super tasty too!
- These Black Cherry Brownies have just a hint of that holiday cherry flavor.
- Who doesn’t love red velvet – Red Velvet Swirled Brownies will satisfy your sweets craving!
- Need the perfect holiday dessert? Look no further than this cute Mint Brownie Wreath.
- These Peppermint Brownies are perfect for any holiday get-together!
And don’t forget about these delicious brownie/ice cream combos:
- Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Cake is easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- If you haven’t tried Ben & Jerry’s pint slices yet, go to your nearest grocery store and grab Chocolate Fudge Brownie today!
- Fudge Brownie ice cream by Enlightened is only 400 calories per pint – so grab a spoon and chill out!
- Serve this Mocha Brownie Trifle in a clear bowl or trifle dish for a fancy dessert centerpiece.
- What’s a brownie without a Fudge Brownie Sundae – try this recipe for dessert tonight!
What’s your fave type of brownie – do you like them cakey, fudgy or moist?
 http://ushistoryscene.com/article/brownies/  http://mentalfloss.com/article/60011/who-invented-brownie