Oat-ally Obsessed with Oatmeal, Overnight Oats and Oatmeal Goodies
While January is almost over, we learned that it is National Oatmeal Month. According to the Whole Grains Council, more oats are bought in January than in any other time of the year. Besides being delicious and convenient, oats are whole grains with numerous health benefits, including: the ability to lower LDL “bad” cholesterol, they may help reduce the risk of heart disease, they help you feel fuller longer, which helps control your weight and they may also help lower blood pressure.
While oatmeal and other oat goodies have been adored for ages, overnight oats have become increasingly popular over the years. If you’re unfamiliar with what exactly overnight oats are, they are simply oats + milk + ingredients like fruit, nut butters, chocolate pieces, etc. that you mix together at night and let steep in the fridge until morning. Typically, they are stored in mason jars for added convenience. For best results, you should let these oat concoctions soak in the fridge for a full 8 hours so they can absorb all the liquid.
You’ll love these overnight oats recipes that make for a quick and tasty breakfast:
- Breakfast is made easy with these On-The-Go Overnight Oats.
- Maple Pecan Latte Overnight Oats are the perfect solution to busy mornings and hungry bellies.
- Enjoy some island flavor this morning with Pina Colada Overnight Oats.
- Overnight Oats are the newest trend for busy people and busy lives.
- Days are made so much better when you start with a filling breakfast of Matcha Overnight Oats.
- Golden Milk Overnight Oats are a creamy and delicious start to your day.
- Soak up the flavor this morning with a bowl of Banana Sunflower Butter Overnight Oats.
- Mix together Blueberry Cobbler Overnight Oats for a dessert and breakfast in one.
- Indulge in S’mores Overnight Oats without the guilt and a campfire!
- Everyone loves peanut butter! Enjoy a bowl of Peanut Butter & Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal/
For those more traditional, whip up these scrumptious oatmeal recipes:
- Fill your chocolate cravings with a bowl of Cranberry Dark Chocolate Chunk Steel Cut Oatmeal.
- This Creamy Baked Oatmeal is a smooth and delectable way to start your day.
- A bowl of Breakfast Ready Oatmeal prepares you for the long day ahead.
- Apple and Raisin Cinnamon Oatmeal is filled with sensational apple flavor that will have you craving for more!
Oatmeal cookies, muffins and other goodies:
- Trade in your sugary cereal for something with more nutritional value with Oatmeal Cookie Crisp.
- Oats aren’t just for oatmeal. These Oat Morning Glory Muffins are too delicious to pass up.
- Fill your taste buds with sensational, summer, strawberry flavor in Strawberry Oat Muffins.
- Lunch Box Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect lunchtime treat for any of your kiddos.
- Crave that creamy peanut butter flavor in these Peanut Butter Honey Oat Muffins.
- Everyone loves cake, and everyone will love this Caramel Broiled Oatmeal Cake.
- Need a more portable way of eating your oats? These Good Karma Oat Bars are just that!
- Crispy and crunchy goodness is what you’ll find in Cranberry Pear Crisp.
- Get your morning dose of protein with these yummy Protein Oatmeal Loaves.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy oats?