Mini Decadent Desserts for the Holiday Season
Holidays just aren’t the same without dessert, or a few! It’s an ideal time for it too because the flavors of this season—ginger, pumpkin, blueberry, cranberry and many more—perfectly pair with baked goods and other treats. Sweet confections this time of year make the end of a meal special and always put a smile on everyone’s face.
Traditional options like apple pie, pumpkin bread and pecan bars are amazingly delicious and always worthy of the center plate, but this holiday season, we’re focusing on bite-sized versions of these
mainstay favorites as well as some unique varieties. Why, you ask? Just think – when a dessert is small enough to pop in one bite, you have much more room for seconds, and you can walk around and mingle while you enjoy!
If you’re crunched for time, here are a few sweet options to keep on-hand…
- Frozen pie, in all varieties.
- Fudgsicles, for the kiddos!
- Ice cream, and lots of it in many flavors.
- Whipped topping, on any dessert.
- Cream puffs, in seasonal flavors.
Give these scrumptious dessert recipes a try, and don’t forget to add additional toppings:
- Mini Phyllo Pecan Tarts: Fill the frozen mini phyllo shells with pecan pie filling, and you’ve got yourself one tasty bite!
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Brulees: Puff pastry cups baked until golden and topped with pumpkin goodness, these get the added bonus of caramelized sugar.
- Belgian Mini Chocolate Dipped Cream Puffs: Already prepared, just pull these from the freezer, serve on a platter, and enjoy.
- Apple Empanadas: Traditional apple pie turns into a fun (and easy to eat) empanada that guests will surely be talking about the next day.
- For chocolate lovers, you can make the Chocolate Empanadas instead!
- Mini Blueberry Pies: Instead of a large pie, transform into bite-size portions using frozen blueberries or any berry you have on hand (cranberries or cherries).
- Banana Bites: For the kids table after dinner, or even as a midday snack when those munchies arrive, keep frozen banana bites in the freezer for a chocolate-y, fruity treat.
- Molasses Ginger Cookie Cups with Dulce De Leche: Individual cookie cups are just what the kids ordered! Give these a scoop of decadent ice cream to make them even better.
- Speaking of ginger… it’s one of the most fundamental flavors this time of year. You may be hoping to build a gingerbread house or decorate gingerbread man cookies—which if course you should!—but we’ve found a list from Huffington Post that ranks the best ways to bake with the ingredient.
- Banana Cream Pie Parfaits: What could be better than a slice of pie or a parfait? Pie parfaits of course!
- Serve them in shot glasses for an even tinier treat!
What mini desserts will you be making this holiday season? Let us know in the comments below!