Leap Day-Inspired Recipes & Meal Creations
What exactly is Leap Day? This mysterious day on the calendar happens almost every four years. But, the origin of the leap year goes back to ancient history, in 1582, the spring equinox was off by 10 days. The extra day was added every four years to account for the earth’s rotation to keep the calendar on track. Yes, it takes the earth a little more than one year to go around the sun!
Now that you’re a little more familiar with why this day actually exists, we thought it would be fun to provide some of our favorite FOUR-themed recipes. Check out the below and be sure to get creative in the kitchen on your extra day this year!
- Start your morning with Eggo’s Pancake Parfaits, four layers of mini pancakes, strawberries, blueberries and yogurt!
- Kraft’s Four-Cheese Pasta Florentine—cream cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan—an easy dish for any day of the week.
- Serve an appetizer like Birds Eye’s Warm Spinach, Artichoke & Crab Dip—the fourth layer is cream cheese and Swiss cheese.
- Quadruple the cheese with Frigo’s Mac’ N Cheese, because why not?
- Pizza night gets even more fun with Pillsbury’s Four Corners Pizza, colorful and filled to the brim with various toppings.
- Turn quesadillas into a masterpiece and assemble Morningstar’s Black Bean Stacked Tortilla Recipe with four layers of flavorful goodness!
- Don’t forget the fourth course! Assemble a four-layer ice cream creation and try this Blue Bunny’s Pistachio Ice Cream Trifle
- Indulge in this elegant four-layer torte that can be easily made ahead when entertaining—Land O’ Lakes Chocolate Mint-Layered Torte
Which one of these four-inspired recipes and meal creations will you be making on February 29?