Kid-Approved After School Snacks
School days can be exhausting, and weeknights can be even busier between after school extra curriculars, music lessons, sports and other activities. Depending on what time your child eats lunch at school, it can be a really long span until dinner’s ready. A stocked fridge and freezer for after school snacks can help you stave off hunger and avoid the evening meltdown from your kiddos.
The amount of snacking options are endless, but we’d narrowed them down into several snack-tastic categories:
- These Carrot Pinwheels are easy enough for your kiddos to put together themselves.
- The kids are sure to do their homework with a smile when you serve them After-School Pizza Puffs!
- What kid doesn’t love Macaroni and cheese? Make these individual Four-Cheese Mac and Cheese Muffins to hold them over ’til dinner.
- Jose Ole’s Kool Kids Kabobs combine taquitos + tomatoes + olives + cucumbers + cheese cubes for one cool snack!
- These FarmRich Mozzarella Bites are surrounded by soft pizzeria dough, making them tiny pillows of cheesy goodness!
- Totino’s Cheesy Garlic Rolls combine creamy cheese sauce and garlic and can be baked in the oven or microwave.
- With up to 8 grams of protein, Sargento’s Balanced Breaks combine a variety of cheese flavors; nuts such as peanuts, cashews and almonds; and either dried cranberries or raisins.
- Heat up an individually wrapped El Monterey Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla in under three minutes.
- Three of pieces of FarmRich’s BBQ Style Boneless Chicken Bites contains 12 grams protein.
- Your little ones will adore these Chuck E Cheese String Cheeses after they get off the bus.!
- These Piglets in the Blanket are super cute and oh-so yummy!
- Heluva Good!’s wide variety of dips are perfect for dipping into with raw veggies or potato chips.
- You can make these Broccoli Cheese Bites ahead of time or right before they get home from school.
- They won’t be able to just eat one of these Raspberry Hazelnut Snack Bites!
- Blend up True Blue Smoothies and your kids will not be so “blue” about waiting for dinner.
- Unwrap a Craft Brewed Root Beer Float Brewla Bar for your child—it’s only 40 calories!
- Be sure to make these Mixed Berry Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Rollups the night before so they’re ready for when your kiddos come through the door.
- Bake up these Oat Bars ahead of time for a sweet and crunchy snack for your children.
- These Animal Cheese Crisps are so adorable and simple enough for your kids to help bake.
- For a sweet and salty snack, serve up Chunky Caramel Popcorn.
- Impress your kids with these mini Southern Chicken and Waffle Bites!
- These Dannon Oikos Banana Peanut Butter Crunch non-fat Greek yogurts are perfectly textured and crunchy.
What’s your child’s go-to after school snack? Share with us in the comments below!