How to Throw the Best Game-Day Tailgate
Anybody can host a game-day party at home, but what about a tailgate in the parking lot of a stadium? The fall is definitely prime-time tailgating, between football, basketball and hockey. With a little bit of preparation and the right recipes, your tailgate will be a definite winner!
Here’s a few helpful tailgate tips to get you started:
– Pack as much as you can in disposable containers for easier clean-up.
– Freeze water bottles to use in place of ice in coolers so you have cold water to drink after they melt.
– Bring multiple coolers and label them accordingly so guests can find drinks easily.
– Have a separate cooler to keep hot foods hot. Put the tightly covered, towel-wrapped containers of the hot food inside the cooler and use more towels to fill the empty space.
– Fill a six pack holder with condiments like ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce and hot sauce.
– At the end of the tailgate, toss disposable containers and any perishable leftovers that have been out for more than 2 hours.
- If you can’t wait until dessert to indulge, try these decadent Chocolatinis!
- Step up your OJ game with Tequila Sunrise Mimosas.
- Because the fall is all about caramel apples! Whip up scrumptious Caramel Apple Fogs.
- For the coffee lovers, enjoy Salted Caramel Lattes. These can easily be spiked with caramel vodka or another spirit if you’d like.
- Get the party started with these Grilled Cheese Blood Marys!
The Starting Lineup:
- Forget finger foods, these Cheese Skewers 3 Ways are a simple way to enjoy a mess free starter.
- Make these Pepperoni Bites before the crowd arrives for a handful of delicious game-day fun.
- This Beer Broccoli Cheddar Dip goes perfectly with your favorite gameday cracker or chip!
- Kick up the flavor with Sriracha Meatballs using frozen meatballs!
- Are you ready for some football? Get everyone into a festive mood with this Nutty Touchdown Cheeseball.
- Looking for something more filling? These Game-day Corn Beef Empanadas are just that!
- Grab the pita chips! This Queso Spinach Bacon Dip is a mouthwatering game-day snack you need at your tailgate!
Game Time Eats–no grilled required:
- Make this BBQ Football Pizza ahead of time, wrap with aluminium foil and keep warm in a cooler.
- Forget burgers and hot dogs, make these Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches!
- You can’t have a tailgate without chili, like this tasty Slow Cooker Ancho Beef Chili.
- These Crockpot Party Sandwiches are a great alternative when you don’t have a grill.
- Keep Cheesy Sausage Vegetable Soup warm in a crock pot for your tailgate party.
- Feed a crowd with this Tailgate Turkey & Ham Club Sub.
- Spice up your tailgate with Gametime Mexican Chicken Soup.
- Mini Football Buffalo Chicken Calzones will definitely score a touchdown with your crowd!
- Fill your game winning excitement with these filled and fun Touchdown Poke Cupcakes.
- Grab a pack of your favorite cookie to make these delectable Oreo Football Cookie Balls.
- Enjoy the creamy cannoli filling in these Frozen Cannoli Pops.
- This Game-Day Football Cake is a celebration worthy, gameday goodie!
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic treat perfect for your tailgating needs.
- Serve a slice of this delicious Fruit Tart with Honeyed Yogurt after your team gets the win.
- Basketball Mini Cookie Pies are a fun way to incorporate football and basketball into your fall sport parties.
What’s your must-have dish at a tailgate?