Have Your Cake and Eat It Too!
Whether it’s sponge, cheese, bundt, devil’s food, carrot or birthday, we all have our favorite cake. It’s the traditional dessert we use to celebrate many momentous occasions. So it’s fitting that there is a day to honor this delectable dessert. Indulge in your favorite to celebrate National Cake Day!
The history of cake dates back to ancient times, and were thought to have been made in Ancient Greece and Egypt. These first cakes were rather heavy and flat and were eaten at the end of a meal with nuts and honey. Nowadays, this type of cake has evolved into baklava, a traditional Greek dessert. The cakes of modern-time are very different and come in all varieties to suit every taste. We’ve baked up 13 of our tastiest recipes for you to try.
- If you’re an ice cream lover, then you’re going to love all the layers in the Best Ice Cream Cake Ever.
- Two favorite flavors come together in this delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bundt Cake.
- The Latin-inspired Inside-Out Cherry Vanilla Tres Leches Ice Cream Cake is a cool and fruity dessert for all occasions.
- Easy to make and perfectly spiced, this Applesauce Spice Cake boasts browned butter frosting that makes it completely irresistible!
- Slow and steady may win the race, but Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake will have them running to the table.
- Strawberry Poke Cake is as much fun to eat as it is to poke.
- The mix of favorite flavors in this Sparkling Prosecco Cranberry Bundt Cake will impress your guests.
- You’ll hit the jackpot with this delectable Black Forest Ice Cream Cake – chocolate cake, ice cream, hot fudge and whipped topping complete with a cherry on top.
- If you love lemons, this Luscious Lemon Pound Cake with tart lemon curd frosting will have you puckering with delight.
- Chocolate and peanut butter lovers rejoice for the creamy goodness of Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake.
- Praline Crunch Cake has a sweet cake with just the right amount of crunch.
- Take a break from the traditional pineapple. Delta Pear Upside Down Cake will become your new favorite.
- Buttery good taste meets tangy fruit in these mouth-watering Butter Cupcakes with Grapefruit Buttercream.
What is your family’s signature cake to commemorate special occasions?