If loving Friendsgiving is wrong, we don’t want to be right. Trust us, we do love the traditional Thanksgiving feast with our families, but there’s something special about a holiday dinner with your closest buds. Whether it’s the unique dishes, the stress-free vibe or the libations, we just can’t get enough. If you’re hosting or attending, make this year’s Friendsgiving one to remember with these fun recipes.
If you don’t want to completely stray from the traditional Thanksgiving meal, make it potluck style and have every guest bring one of the necessities. But don’t be afraid to weave in some of these fun, non-traditional dishes.
Because what’s a Friendsgiving without festive drinks:
- This Fall Sangria with Apples and Cranberries will surely be a hit—especially with a scoop of Italian ice to top it off!
- Because pumpkin and Thanksgiving go hand in hand, whip up these Pumpkin Pie Spice Martinis.
- Irish Coffee makes for the perfect after dinner beverage, especially when it’s accompanied by dessert!
- For a refreshing cocktail that’ll make you reminisce about summer, enjoy Vodka Lemonade Iced Tea.
- Everyone will just die over the Boozy Apple Cider being served out of apples!
- Caprese Martinis–a drink and a snack in one.
- When the weather outside is frightful, sip on a cozy Hot Toddy to warm you up!
Start off your Friendsgiving with these elegant appetizers:
- This Puff Pastry Wrapped Brie is so elegant and is just oozing with cheesy goodness.
- Serve Butternut Squash and Apple Soup in shot glasses for an adorable touch!
- Because what’s a holiday party without Seasoned Deviled Eggs?
- We love the sweet and savoriness of these Southern Chicken and Waffle Bites!
- Crostini with Ricotta, Basil Pesto, and Roasted Peppers makes for a tasty finger food.
- We love the salty-sweetness of this Caramel Popcorn—and it makes for a great snack while sipping on an adult beverage!
Aside from the typical Thanksgiving side dishes, try these delicious recipes:
- With hints of soy sauce and ginger, this Teriyaki Seasoned Edamame is sure to be a holiday hit!
- Switch up your standard mashed potatoes for Sweet Potatoes with Sugared Pecans.
- Incorporate a handful of veggies into your meals with Brussels Sprouts Gratin.
- Your dinner could use a little more green. Bring that together with some Creamed Kale.
- Easy Quinoa Mac and Cheese makes for a kid-friendly side for your friends with little ones!
Finish the night strong with these scrumptious desserts:
- There’s no need to make this Thanksgiving favorite from scratch—just bake and enjoy an Original Flaky Crust Pumpkin Pie!
- Who needs the real thing when you can enjoy these bite-sized Mini Phyllo Pecan Tarts!
- Spiced Maple Walnut Cheesecake
- You don’t have to go all out to impress your friends with a fancy dessert. Bake a Dutch Apple Pie that tastes like homemade without all the work!
- For the chocolate lovers, bake up these decadent Salted Caramel Chocolate Cups.
- Whip up Pumpkin Dessert Dip and serve with ginger snaps, graham crackers and/or vanilla wafers!
What unique recipes do you enjoy at your Friendsgiving feasts?