Get Snacking for National Snack Food Month!
It’s February, which means it’s National Snack Food Month! With snacking continuing to be on the rise (51 percent of people say that they eat snacks at least twice a day), it’s the perfect time to binge snack like it’s nobody’s business!
We all eat snacks both between meals and as meal replacements. In fact, nearly half of consumers (49 percent) eat snacks between meals and 45 percent replace one or two daily meals with a snack. While some may identify snacking as piggin’ out on junk food like pork rinds and greasy potato chips, fifty percent of people indicate that healthfulness is very important to them when choosing a snack. Snack options like frozen fruit, cheese sticks, smoothies and Greek yogurt will satisfy your hunger without sacrificing your health goals.
One of the most common times to eat a snack is when you’re on-the-go. Sixty percent of today’s consumers, compared to 55 percent in 2012, feel portability is important or extremely important factor when choosing a snack. Luckily there are many portable snack options within the frozen food and dairy aisles!
Some of the most famous and widely consumed snacks are tater tots, s’mores, chicken wings and nachos. While a wider range of foods and even beverages are now viewed as snacks, most fall into these three flavor categories: salty, sweet or savory.
- Gimme’ some of your tots—Ore-Ida’s Extra Crispy Tater Tots are the perfect snack anytime of the day!
- If you’re wanting something salty, skip the chips and instead steam up a bag of Edamame with Sea Salt to satisfy your craving while packing a nutritional punch!
- Want a snack unlike anything you’ve ever tasted?
Bite-sized pieces of real cheese are tossed in bold sour cream & onion seasonings in these Crystal Farms Sour Cream & Onion Seasoned Monterey Jack Cheese Nibblers.
- If you’re craving something that’s both salty and sweet, whip together Chunky Caramel Popcorn.
- Late-night hunger calls for a bowl of luscious chocolate ice cream. You can indulge without the guilt by enjoying a Mocha Swirl Bar—only 90 calories!
- For when your sweet tooth and snack tooth unite, heat up a SUPERPRETZEL Sweet Cinnamon Soft Pretzel with a scoop (or two) of vanilla ice cream!
- If you’re in need of a snack for when you’re on-the-go, grab an individual cup of Kozy Shack Tapioca Pudding.
- Smoothies are one of our favorite snacks. Enjoy a delightful Strawberry Banana Delight Smoothie between meals!
- If something sweet or salty just won’t cut it, heat up some oh so delicious InnovAsian Cuisine Chicken Egg Rolls, full of authentic Asian taste.
- Anything with bacon is okay in our book! Make Taquitos with Hot Bacon Cheddar Dip for a snack with Mexican flavor.
- All snacks are not created equal. If you’re in need of a snack between meals, reach for a Sargento cheese stick or string cheese—containing 8 grams of protein!
- These Meatball Bites with 3 Dipping Sauces are great for an afternoon snack to hold you over ’til dinner.
What is your favorite snack? Are you a salty, savory or sweet snack lover? Share with us in the comments below!