Family Meals in Under 30 Minutes
It’s National Family Meals Month! That means ditch the drive-thru’s and the on-the-go meals – It’s time to sit down at the table with your family for a flavorful, conversation-evoking meal.
Researchers suggest that a family should have dinner together at least four times a week to promote and help develop positive effects on child development. Family mealtime can also lead to a reduction in numerous health risks among children including: obesity, eating disorders and substance abuse, as well as a higher chance of graduating high school. Eating dinner with your children is a way to teach them healthy eating habits to carry into their future. Family mealtime is also an easy way to increase their fruits and vegetables and decrease their intake of sodas and high calorie drinks.
Family meals at home can also reduce the amount of money you spend on food and increase the amount of money you have to spend on fun activities with the kids! Studies have shown that, on average, families across the board have spent $3,465 on meals at home and $2,668 on meals on-the-go annually. These on-the-go meals account for 30% of food consumed by a family.
After seeing the major benefits both mentally and psychically as well as financially, it’s easy to make the switch and start eating more meals at home surrounded by your family. We also understand back-to-school and fall sports consume most of your after-school evenings. So, we’ve put together a few recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. It’s the best of both worlds! You get to sit down and eat a tasty meal with your family and you still have time for all of your evening activities.
Kids will go crazy over these chicken recipes:
- Switch up your typical pierogy night with this Pierogy Primavera with Roasted Vegetables and Chicken.
- Grilled Chicken with Pepper Jack is an easy way to get the kids’ attention to the table.
- Have Chinese without doing take-out with this sweet Orange Chicken served over rice.
- Add some fruit to dinner for a healthier twist with Grilled Chicken with Fruit.
- Do you prefer salad over baked and fried meals? Go lighter with a Raspberry Chicken Salad!
Pull the family together for some mouthwatering pork recipes:
- Cubano Pork Sandwiches are a tasty and handheld meal your family will love.
- Fire up the grill for these Cheesy Pork Skewers that are juicy and full of flavor.
- Faster than you can make it at home, this Sausage Lasagna has no artificial ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Wrap up dinner in a flash with a hot and tasty Ham and Gouda Quesadilla.
- This all-in-one Savory Sausage, Cauliflower and Broccoli Saute will get them to eat their veggies.
Beat the fast food rush when you sit down with your family for some of these scrumptious beef recipes:
- Warm and hearty Southern Beef Stroganoff will become a new family favorite.
- In the mood for a casserole? Whip up a Barbecue Beef and Bean Casserole for family night.
- Meatball Shepherd’s Pie will fill them up and is as easy as one, two, three.
- Turn any night into a family fiesta with this easy and scrumptious Taquito-Enchilada Bake
- A Bold Honey Barbecue Burger is a simple way to bring your favorite drive-thru burger to the table.
Meatless meals your family will love:
- Market Peppers and Pasta will make your mouth water when you serve this meatless meal!
- Just heat and eat this decadent Lobster and Ricotta Ravioli for savory meal in minutes.
- Pasta everywhere! Angel Hair Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes is a veggie dinner the kids will love and you’ll love to feed them.
- Ditch the meats for this cheesy fish dinner with Double Cheddar Baked Fish.
- Dress up your traditional sandwich with an open-face Easy Vegetarian Vegetable Melt.
What favorite meals get your family to sit down around the dinner table?