Embrace your Savory and Sweet Tooth During Sweet Potato Month
While February is most recognized for being Black History Month and American Heart Month, it is also National Sweet Potato Month. We can totally get behind any excuse to indulge in sweet potatoes! Since sweet potatoes are so versatile and tasty, we look forward to enjoying them all month long to celebrate.
Before we reveal the many ways you can enjoy sweet potatoes, we wanted to share some interesting fun facts:
– Sweet potatoes are fat-free, cholesterol-free, are high in Beta Carotene and vitamins E and C and are loaded with many other vitamins and nutrients.
– Pres. George Washington grew sweet potatoes on his farmland in Mount Vernon, Virginia.
– Sweet potatoes are actually roots whereas regular potatoes are tubers (underground stems).
– North Carolina is the leading producer of sweet potatoes in the United States and they are the official vegetable of the state.
– Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber when eaten with the skin on.
Heat and eat sweet potato products:
- French fry connoisseurs will love the sweet and savory flavors of these Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt!
- Add some heat to your meal with Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
- If you like tater tots and sweet potatoes as much as we do, then you definitely need to try these Crispy Sweet Potato Puffs!
- If loving these Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Seasoned Fries is wrong, we don’t want to be right!
- Heat up these Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar in the microwave in minutes.
- Cut out the prep work of peeling, cooking and mashing and instead heat up these scrumptious Mashed Sweet Potatoes!
- For those that prefer crinkle French fry, bake up these Sweet Potato Crinkle Fries.
- We hope you saved room for dessert and this tasty Sweet Potato Pie!
Satisfying sweet potato recipes:
- You won’t be able to resist these Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes!
- Enjoy your favorite fall flavors anytime you want with Sweet Potato & Apple Soup.
- Have you honestly ever had a waffle you didn’t like? Give these Savory Sweet Potato Waffles a try!
- This Sweet Potato Soufflé dish is made easy using refrigerated mashed sweet potatoes.
- Conquer your day with Morning Sweet Potato Hash for breakfast!
- These Sweet Potato Tarts are an appetizer that’s sure to satisfy.
- If you like loaded fries then you’ll seriously love these Mexican Sweet Potato Cheese Fries!
- Cozy up to a bowl of this delicious Lentil Soup.
- These Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls are a pleasant surprise!
- Rise and shine with these Sweet Potato Pancakes with Bacon Gravy.
- A popular Thanksgiving side dish, this Southern Sweet Potato Casserole can totally be eaten year-round!
- Sweet potato lovers: prepare yourselves for this luscious PHILADELPHIA 3-Step Sweet Potato Cheesecake!
- Warm up with a bowl of this hearty Chicken & Sweet Potato Chowder.
- The sweet and savoriness in this Candied Bacon Roasted Sweet Potatoes dish is killer!
- Start your day on a bright note with Oat-Topped Sweet Potato Crisp.
- This Turkey-Sweet Potato Pot Pie is comfort food at its finest!
- Whether for breakfast or dessert, bake up Sweet Potato Bread.
- Don’t knock this recipe for Avocado Madness until you try it!
- We bet you wouldn’t think to make this Sweet Potato Au Gratin.
- These Sweet Potato Muffins are the perfect breakfast option when you’re on-the-go.
Are you a fan of sweet potatoes? Share your favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes on social media @EasyHomeMeals!