Discover Delicious Ways to Eat More Fruits and Veggies
June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month! The USDA recommends you fill half your plate with fruits and veggies at every meal or eating occasion. Making fruits and veggies the focal point of your meal will help you meet your recommended amount each day.
Snacking smart with fruits and veggies:
- Add a sweet, protein twist to nachos with this light protein-packed Pear and Apple Nachos for gatherings, a side dish or a snack!
- This ooey-gooey, yet fresh-from-the-garden Italian-Garden Flatbread makes a yummy summer snack.
- Fun for adults and kids alike, Roasted Veggie Phyllo Wraps are a tasty snack that adds more veggies to your day.
- Bite-sized Lemon-Herb and Avocado Caprese Cups are full of summer flavor.
- We can’t get enough of this Creamy Fruit Dip, starring orange juice!
Fill half your your plate with veggie sides:
- Fill this Stuffed Zucchini with tomatoes, onions, bacon & cheese for that great summer taste with a twist.
- You can’t go wrong with this colorful Farm Fresh Cheddar Vegetable Gratin that the whole family will love.
- With a side dish of Creamed Kale, you can round out any dinner in a snap!
- This Italian Grilled Corn is a new taste sensation!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these fruity desserts:
- Turn your favorite cottage cheese into these Fresh & Fruity Mini Cheesecakes!
- This COOL ‘N EASY Strawberry Pie will take everybody’s breath away!
- Blend up these refreshing Blackberry Vanilla Bean Milkshakes.
- This Fresh Fruit Custard is the perfect summer treat.
Did you know frozen fruits and vegetables are just as nutritious as fresh? They’re picked at their peak and frozen immediately to lock in all their flavor and nutrition. So you can be sure to get the best quality fruits and vegetables year-round.
Try these deliciously fun ways to get more fruits and veggies in your diet:
- We love how easy it is to make this Buffalo Chicken & Veggie Dip using a bag of frozen mixed vegetables!
- You can drink your fruits and veggies with this Mean Green Smoothie!
- These Mexican Stuffed Peppers combine both fresh and frozen vegetables and make for a tasty summer dinner!
Tell us your favorite ways to boost the fruits and vegetables in your diet by tagging @EasyHomeMeals and sharing it on social media!