Cheesy Choices for National Cheeseburger Day
Holy cow! It’s National Cheeseburger Day! This day is arguably one of our favorite food holidays on the calendar! From the classic cheeseburger to the craziest combination of cheese and toppings, we love a good beef patty.
Did you know that hamburgers got their name literally from Hamburg, Germany? In Germany, they ate a cut of beef from the Hamburg steak and we evolved that into what we now know as hamburgers! Americans also consume 13 billion hamburgers each year. That’s an enough hamburgers to circle the world 32 times!
Additionally, approximately 40 percent of all hamburgers consumed in the United States have cheese on them… yum! However, before we got to calling these beef sandwiches all of the names we know them as today, the United States Government tried to change what we call hamburgers to “liberty sandwiches” to promote a higher sense of patriotism and avoid the overuse of it’s German ancestry.
These beef burgers gained their cheesy roots back between 1924 and 1926 when a chef in California had a customer request that a piece of cheese be added to his burger. However, Colorado also holds claim to the start of the cheeseburger in 1935 when the Humpty Dumpty Drive-In was awarded a trademark for the sandwich. Which story is true remains up in the air, but we do know that however it happened, the cheeseburger is one of our favorite foods of all time!
In celebration of National Cheeseburger Day, we have pulled together some of the most delicious cheeseburger recipes to help you grill up a masterpiece.
- Fresh mozzarella is so mouthwatering, but even more so when it’s on a Caprese Burger!
- Bold flavor and big taste are what you’ll find in this Bold Honey Barbecue Burger.
- Whether you prefer French Onion dip or soup, this burger will give you all the feels of your favorite flavor – French Onion Stuffed Burger!
- Switch up your boring burger with this Spicy Thai Burger.
- Double Cheddar Bacon Burgers are a double tasty way to enjoy a cheeseburger.
- California Cheeseburgers are a classic cheeseburger favorite you just can’t go wrong with!
- Everything is better in mini size, right? These Chipotle Mini Burgers prove that!
- Top a juicy burger with your favorite fried app on this Fried Pickle Cheeseburger.
- Appetizer time! Mini Cheeseburger Cups are a deliciously simple way to get the party started!
- Kick up your burger flavor by combining this favorite snack food in these Nacho Burgers.
- Not a beef fan? No problem. Substitute with this Stacked Chicken Cheeseburger.
- Turn your taste buds inside out with this crazy, yummy Inside Out Cheeseburger!
- Add some caramelized onions to your burger for an Onion Swiss Burger using an English muffin as the buns.
- Southwest Ranch Burgers are a scrumptious way to spice up the flavor at dinner.
What cheeseburger recipe will you try tonight? Share with us in the comments below!