Celebrate National Hot Breakfast Month with Hearty Recipes
February is host to lots of fun holidays and events, like this past Sunday’s Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day. But did you know it’s also National Hot Breakfast Month? With the weather outside a bit chilly, it’s the perfect time to embrace warm, hearty breakfasts that get you geared up for the day, whether you’re going to work, school or have a fun-filled day planned.
Does “avocado toast” ring a bell? MyFitnessPal app users logged avocado toast 49.4% more from 2016 to 2017. This breakfast trend continues to be popular, as well as these other rising trends:
- Make your toast a little spicier with Buffalo Egg White Scramble Toast.
- Try it on an English muffin with this irresistible Chorizo-Chipotle Benedict, topped with poached eggs, sausage and avocado.
- These Maple Pecan Latte Overnight Oats are full of warm flavors any oatmeal lover will go nuts over!
- Overnight Cheesy Oats are sweet with a hint of cottage cheese goodness.
- Whip together a Teriyaki Asian Vegetable Omelet with your favorite veggies.
- Breakfast Tostadas are topped with bubbly cheese and your favorite salsa or sour cream or guacamole – or all three!
- If you love mixing all things breakfast together in one place, this Bacon & Egg Breakfast Bowl is for you!
- This Bunch of Yum Breakfast Bowl is jam-packed with breakfast faves like sausage, hash browns, eggs and cheese for a filling breakfast dish.
If you love trying new breakfast recipes, try one out each week this month like:
- Overnight Egg & Ham Monkey Bread, made with ready-to-go Parkerhouse style rolls.
- This Italian Breakfast Bake is full of flavorful herbs, veggies and of course cheese!
- The Ultimate Breakfast Frittata is sure to please the whole family, with only 15 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes to cook!
- Grilled Canadian Bacon, Tomato and Cheese Sandwiches can be heated up in no time over a grill or skillet!
- Make your frittata bite-sized with these Potato Frittata Breakfast Phyllo Bites!
- If you’ve got an entire crew to feed, this Southwestern Style Sheet Pan Breakfast will satisfy any kind of breakfast lover.
Or try these ready-to-go, convenient breakfast options:
- 505 Southwestern Breakfast Wraps come in three melty varieties.
- French Toast & Sausage Breakfast Mexi Rollers are sweet yet savory hand-held breakfast options.
- You’ll be sure to find a flavor you like of Moe’s Southwest Grill Breakfast Bowls that come in five delicious flavors.
- Did you know Toaster Strudels come in twelve different options like Snickerdoodle, Wildberry and Boston Cream? There’s one for every palette!
- Love French toast but don’t have the time to make it in the morning? Eggo French Toaster Sticks are an effortless way to have French toast in no time at all!
- Heated up in the microwave, Jimmy Dean Stuffed Hash Browns are crispy and full of your favorite breakfast foods.
What’s your favorite hot breakfast?