Be the Winner of Your Next Chicken Dinner!
September is National Chicken Month! There are so many ways to dress up this versatile American staple. It’s no wonder that chicken is the most consumed protein in the U.S. In fact, Americans eat more chicken than anyone else in the world – more than 90 pounds per capita in 2015. Let’s take a trip around the world for some inspiration to liven up your weekly menu.
- A classic mid-west meal,Chicken Broccoli Hotdish, is a family-friendly one-pot meal for busy weeknights.
- For a perfect game-day treat, BBQ Chicken Sliders with Coleslaw and Pickles, are little in size but big in flavor.
- There’s nothing like a little Southern comfort food. Southern Chicken and Waffle Bites will hit the spot!
- Chicken Tikka Masala, is an epicurean delight straight from the freezer to your table.
- Tandoori Chicken combines all the traditional Indian spices for a delicious, quick dinner on the grill.
- Sheet pan meals like this Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma are all the rage because clean up is simple with minimal pots and pans.
- This simple, dinner-style Chicken Cannelloni is sure to become one of your family’s favorites.
- Chicken Scallopini is a one-pan wonder full of hearty Italian flavors like tomato, oregano and prosciutto.
- The bright flavors of Greek yogurt, feta cheese and dill in this Greek-style Chicken Tostadas with Yogurt Sauce will lighten up any dinner.
- Heat up the grill for Grilled Jamaican Chicken Wings and add a little spice to your next dinner.
- Cuban sandwiches are usually made with pork, but we’re switching it up with this Cuban Chicken Panini.
- Jerk Chicken and Caribbean Green Beans will let you take a trip to the islands without leaving home.
- No more boring lunches with traditional Chicken Chow Mein – white meat chicken, chow mein noodles, crisp vegetables in savory soy sauce.
- Warm up any cool night with a hearty and authentic Asian Chicken Udon Soup.
- A tasty marinade pumps up the flavor of this Thai Ginger Chicken and Vegetables.
- The Chipotle Chicken Chimichanga is an authentic masterpiece that’s ready in minutes!
- Whip up this cheesy South-of-the-Border Chicken and Pasta Skillet with simple ingredients you already have on hand.
- Fiesta Party Soup is super easy to make and will have your taste buds dancing after just one bite.
Remember these safety tips when you’re preparing your favorite chicken recipe:
- Always marinate chicken in the refrigerator. Discard the marinade after removing the raw chicken. Never re-use the marinade on cooked chicken.
- Don’t place cooked chicken on the same plate or cutting board used for raw chicken.
- Any cooked leftovers should be refrigerated within 2 hours.
What’s your family’s winning chicken dinner? Tell us how you’ll celebrate this National Chicken Month.