31 Cheery Ways to Celebrate National Cherry Month
February is National Cherry Month! Whether you prefer them sweet or tart, there are tons of cherries to go around. In fact, there are more than a thousand cherry varieties, with over 500 being sweet. Washington state grows approximately 62 percent of the United State’s sweet cherries. Along with Oregon and California, these three states produce 94 percent of America’s sweet cherries.
We can thank Europeans for first introducing the cherries we know today to America in the 1600s. However, cherries have been enjoyed since the Stone Age. Archaeologists have discovered fossilized cherry pits in prehistoric caves in Europe and Asia.
To celebrate this cheery month, we’re sharing cherry-packed recipes, frozen treats and other ways you can enjoy cherries.
- There’s no need to make this cherry favorite from scratch when you can bake up this flaky crust Cherry Pie!
- Blend up a Black Cherry Smoothie for an on-the-go breakfast or snack.
- This Cherry Cheesecake doesn’t need baked and is oh-so fluffy!
- Bake up a batch of these Cherry and White Chocolate Cookies.
- Indulge in a decadent bowl of Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
- Satisfy your cherry cravings without the guilt with Cherry Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt.
- Sip on a Cherry Berry “Ice Cream” Soda for a fun treat.
- These Black Forest-Stuffed Cupcakes are what cherry dreams are made of!
- Everyone will scream over this Inside-Out Cherry Vanilla Tres Leches Ice Cream Cake.
- Power your day with a Cherry Protein Pie Smoothie that tastes like dessert!
- Skip the bakery and make your own Cherry Phyllo Turnovers!
- Use refrigerated crescent rolls to make these Cherry-Almond Swirls!
- Enjoy Frozen Cherries year-round by themselves, in smoothies, as a topping or even when baking.
- These Cherry Nut Bars have just the right amount of crunch and saltiness.
- Pick up a pint of Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream to celebrate.
- Try not to eat this entire luscious Chocolate-Cherry Pie!
- This Cherry Berry Smoothie is oh-so berry good.
- Enjoy Cherry Greek Yogurt for breakfast or a mid-day snack.
- These Festive Cherry Drops are a cookie lover’s dream!
- Almond lovers will especially devour this Cream Cheese-Cherry Coffee Cake.
- You can make these Quick Mini Cherry Pies with just two ingredients (plus any additional toppings you’d like).
- If you’re a fan of danishes, make these tasty Cherry Danish Biscuit Cups.
- These Cheery Cherry Snowmen are almost too adorable to eat!
- For a non-dairy cherry treat, pick up Cherry Amaretto Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert.
- This Cherry Almond Smoothie is sweet enough for dessert and wholesome enough for breakfast.
- Everything’s better on a stick, especially these Cherry Pie Pops!
- If brownies are your jam, try these Chocolate-Cherry Fudge Bars.
- One bite of this Cherry Cobbler and you’ll be reminded of when Grandma used to make it!
- For a unique treat, make this Italian Cherry Cream Icebox Dessert.
- For a bite-sized dessert, make Cherry Crunch using mini phyllo shells.
- Craving pie but don’t want the whole thing? Bake up this Small Cherry Berry Pie or heat in the microwave if you can’t wait!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy cherries? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.