26 Ways to Do Meatless Monday Right
Happy Meatless Monday! Meatless Monday is all about eating meat-free for a day a week to reduce meat consumption for personal health (lowering the risk of certain diseases), as well as the health of our planet. This national campaign kicked off in 2003 by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and has gained popularity in restaurants and kitchens around the globe. Going meatless doesn’t mean you can’t still have a protein-packed meal! These meatless meal ideas will have you following Meatless Monday all year long, with help from your frozen food an dairy aisles!
Meatless breakfasts to start your day off right:
- When you need to get out the door fast, heat up a meatless Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich.
- Mexican Style Breakfast Toast is topped with a gooey, sunny-side up egg and salsa verde.
- If you can’t give up your pork or turkey bacon, try these meatless Bacon Strips!
- Gluten Free Match Waffles are a deliciously green way to begin your morning.
- These meatless Breakfast Patties are oh-so-tasty in a breakfast burrito, on an English muffin or paired with toast!
- Make these Veggie and Parmesan Mini Egg Muffins over the weekend and you’ll have breakfast ready for the entire week!
- Get your fair share of green veggies with this beautifully colored Garden Frittata.
- These Chia Seed Lemon Pancakes with Citrus Glaze are light and fluffy and great for Monday morning!
- Summertime is perfect for these Strawberry, Ricotta, Balsamic Bites.
- For a brunch option, these Chik’N Waffle Bites are vegetarian version of this southern classic.
Followed by lunch favorites you’re sure to love:
- Check out this kickin’ Chipotle Lime Wrap, complete with chipotle lime crispy fingers and a lime aioli!
- If you’re craving your favorite Thai dish, heat up a Vegetable Pad Thai meal!
- Arugula with Citrus, Beet & Avocado is a fresh and unique salad with juicy oranges and bold colors.
- You won’t even miss the meat when you heat up a Portabella Spinach Parmesan meal for lunch!
- Aegean Veggie Crumbles Meatballs go oh-so-well with pita bread and a cool yogurt mint sauce.
- These Corn Dogs with Mustard Onion Sauce are perfect for a summertime lunch for your kiddos.
- Heat up Enchiladas al Chipotle with Black Beans & Rice for a lunch everyone in the office will be jealous about.
Wrap up your day with these delightful vegetarian dinners:
- It is grilling season after all! Grillers Prime Burgers are savory and smoky veggie burgers you’re sure to love!
- This Eggplant & Red Pepper Parmesan will bring everyone to the table fast!
- Skip your favorite Vietnamese restaurant and make Fast Pho using Chik’N strips.
- Pasta lovers, this Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Caulifredo Fettuccine is so smooth and savory.
- These Easy Stuffed Peppers make cooking for Meatless Monday just like it says: easy!
- No one will know that this delicious Cauliflower Margherita Pizza is grain-free!
- This Black Bean Vegetarian Chili is topped with a dollop of light sour cream.
- Chipotle-Buffalo Chik Patties Casserole is a Tex-Mex dish the whole family will love!
- These Korean Beefless Tips Rice Bowls are packed with exotic flavors.
What’s your favorite vegetarian meal? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.