23 Ridiculously Tasty Recipes and Products for Shrimp Day
Happy National Shrimp Day! While there’s no denying our love for shrimp, we’re not the only ones that adore this versatile seafood. An estimated 47 percent of American households purchased shrimp in 2016, an increase over previous years. In fact, shrimp are the most popular seafood in the U.S. as the average American eats 4.1 pounds of shrimp per year.
Since the American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least two times per week, you’ll be happy to know that that includes shrimp! USDA recommends you eat both fish and shellfish to get your two 4-ounce servings of seafood per week.
Stock your freezer with these shrimp favorites so they’re always at your fingertips:
- These Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp are so flavorful and versatile, whether eaten as is or used in a recipe.
- Once you have a bite of these Shrimp Egg Rolls, you’ll never have to order out for Asian food again.
- Put down the take-out menu and instead open your freezer door and heat up Shrimp Fried Rice.
- There’s no need to make this dish from scratch when there’s Shrimp Scampi—just sauté and enjoy!
- Skip the fancy seafood restaurant and bake up these Coconut Shrimp at home.
- Dinner for one tonight? Heat up a Spicy Shrimp Marinara entree.
- There’s no need for delivery when you can cook up Shrimp Lo Mein in minutes.
- Heat up some Shrimp Spring Rolls when a snack-attack craving strikes!
You won’t be able to resist these shrimp-tastic recipes:
- This Italian appetizer is even better when you add shrimp—Butterfly Shrimp Bruschetta.
- Fire up the grill and make Sizzlin’ Spring Shrimp Skewers!
- Start your day with trendy Shrimp and Avocado Toast for a filling breakfast.
- Once you have Jammin’ Jerk Shrimp Quesadillas, regular quesadillas will never be the same.
- As if this dip couldn’t get any better—try this recipe for Shrimp, Artichoke, and Spinach Dip.
- Take your already yummy popcorn shrimp and make Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp.
- Smoky Cheddar Cauliflower Grits and Cajun Shrimp is perfect for brunch.
- This Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta Bowl is made easy using frozen garlic shrimp.
- Get a taste for Lousianna with a Shrimp Po’Boy Sandwich.
- Ignite your taste buds with this Boomerang Shrimp Stir-Fry for dinner.
- Add some heat to your taco night with Buffalo Shrimp Tacos!
- Make it a pizza night with this unique Polynesian Popcorn Shrimp Pizza.
- Turn your favorite side dish into a meal with delicious Shrimp-Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes.
- Step up your enchilada game with these flavorful Lime Shrimp Enchiladas!
- This Shrimp Salad with Pita makes for a light and tasty lunch.
- Add some flair to your favorite snack with this recipe for Chili Citrus Shrimp Nachos!
What’s your favorite way to eat shrimp? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!