21 Magnificent Milkshake Recipes That’ll Make You Melt
If loving milkshakes is wrong, we don’t want to be right. Did you know that the first known printed reference to a “milkshake” dates back to 1885 and contains whiskey as one ingredient? While milkshakes have come a long way since then, the basic ingredients remain the same: milk (or milk alternative) and ice cream (or frozen yogurt/gelato). You can even get creative with your milkshakes by blending in candies, cookies, fruits and other treats, and/or topping them with whipped cream, sauces and other yummy toppings. When it comes to milkshakes, the options are endless!
Here are 21 milkshake recipes you must try this summer:
- You can’t go wrong with this classic Old Fashion Vanilla Milkshake.
- Stick to the basics with this tasty Chocolate Milkshake.
- Enjoy a serving of fruit while sipping on one of these Frosty Peaches ‘N Cream Milkshakes.
- This Candy Bar Milkshake Sundae takes the prize in milkshake concoctions!
- Blend up a luscious S’mores Milkshake–no campfire required!
- If you like waffles and ice cream then you’ll love this Strawberry Patch Waffle Milkshake.
- Everyone can delight in this vegan recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shakes!
- You’ll totally have a blast sipping on this Berry Blast Milkshake.
- Turn your go-to morning beverage into a refreshing Coffee Milkshake!
- Enjoy this luscious chocolate treat with a straw and this Chocolate Covered Cherry Shakes recipe.
- Indulge in your favorite fall treat without the sticky mess with these Caramel Apple Milkshakes!
- These Blackberry Vanilla Bean Milkshakes are berry good!
- For an adult treat, blend up a Chocolate Cookies n’ Cream Milkshake with Coffee Liqueur.
- Take a vacation without leaving your house with a refreshing Island Shake.
- Enjoy your favorite dessert in drinkable-form with a scrumptious Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake!
- You’ll be hopping for joy after one sip of this Melon Hopper Milkshake!
- If you’re craving your favorite fall flavor, blend up a Cashewmilk Pumpkin Pie Shake.
- Your kiddos will adore these colorful Unicorn Milkshakes!
- This Chocolate Churro Milkshake is nothing like you’ve ever tasted before.
- What could be better than a slice of cherry pie? A Cherry Pie Milkshake!
- Have your cake and drink it too with this decadent Chocolate Cake Milkshake.
While you’re sipping on one of these milkshakes, take in these fun milkshake facts:
- Milkshakes got their name from being served in bars. If the customer enjoyed the milkshake, he shook hands with the bartender. If not, the bartender didn’t get a tip. (Get it, a milkSHAKE 😉 )
- June 20th is National Vanilla Milkshake Day and September 12th is National Chocolate Milkshake Day.
- The first ever chocolate malt milkshake was made by Ivar Coulson in 1922 and sold in a Walgreens in Chicago.
- The blender was invented specifically for milkshakes. Shakes were literally shook up in a metal container before the blender came along in 1922.
- In 1963 the CIA unsuccessfully tried to assassinate Fidel Castro with a poisoned chocolate milkshake.
- Depending on where you live, milkshakes have many different names. For example, Boston residents refer to them as “frappes” and Canadians call them “frosties.”
- According to The Guinness Book of World Records, in 2000 Ira Freehof made the world’s largest milkshake: 6,000 gallons.
- Many food bloggers and nutritionists believe a surefire cure for the hangover is to drink a banana milkshake sweetened with honey.
What’s your favorite kind of milkshake? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!