20 Ways to Eat and Enjoy World Vegetarian Day!
Today is World Vegetarian Day—a day originally established in 1977 to promote the life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism. It was created by the North American Vegetarian Society as an annual celebration – in fact, the entire month of October is dedicated to Vegetarian Awareness! October is a great time to try out vegetarianism or to just learn about the benefits of a meatless diet.
Check out these delicious and good-for-you vegetarian breakfasts:
- This Garden Blend Delights Breakfast Bowl is full of morning goodies!
- You can have your Lemon Berry Coffee Cake for breakfast and eat it too.
- These Veggie Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect a quick breakfast on-the-go!
- Top these Vegan Flaxmilk Pancakes with your favorite fruits for a sweet delight!
- Embrace the season with Cinnamon Apple Berry Baked Granola.
- Scramble Breakfast Pockets come stuffed with meatless sausage, veggies and chedd’r shreds for a savory start to the day.
- This Apple Sausage Breakfast Casserole will warm your belly on a chilly fall morning.
These meatless lunch and dinner ideas are sure to please any palette:
- Spiral Kolokithopita (or Zucchini Pie) blends Greek flavors together in a light and flaky crust.
- Pair these Vegan Twice Baked Potatoes with these veggie Buffalo Wings!
- Pasta lovers, you’re sure to enjoy this Vegan Penne alla Vodka.
- Heat up Enchiladas al Chipotle for a quick and tasty vegetarian lunch!
- Get a taste of Asia with General Tso Chik’N Nuggets, deliciously served over brown rice.
- Take advantage of your grill before it gets too chilly out and make these Tropical Salsa Burgers!
- These Chipotle Black Bean Tacos are oh-so-tasty when served with your favorite chips and salsa.
- Thai Mango Tofu Ramen is topped with savory seasoned tofu and crunchy veggies.
- This Pesto Chickpea Quinoa Bowl is a lovely lunch pick-me-up.
- This Creamy Potato Leek Bisque is delish served with warm baguettes on the side.
- Just because you’re eating vegetarian doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Chili Dogs!
- You don’t know what you’ve been missing until you’ve had an Easy Vegetarian Vegetable Melt!
- This Creamy Vermont Mac & Cheese Bowl is just what you need for lunch.
What recipes and meal ideas will you eat to celebrate World Vegetarian Day? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals