18 Tantalizing Recipes for National Taco Day
Happy National Taco Day! Although we frequently celebrate #TacoTuesday, we’ll take any excuse to eat tacos 😉 Everyone seems to love tacos so much, that billions are consumed each year. In fact, in 2012 4.5 billion tacos were eaten worldwide, across 30,910 Mexican restaurants. To give you a better understanding, 4.5 billion tacos stretches 490,000 miles of tacos. That’s enough to travel to the MOON… yes the moon, and back! That’s also 775 million pounds of tacos equivalent to the weight of 2 Empire State Buildings in New York, New York!
Where did these crazy little shells stuffed with meat come from? Well, from what we know, the first taco party occurred in the year 1520 by Hernan Cortes. After that, the taco made its way to the United States in the 20th century, in the year 1905. Our first mass production of the taco came from Downey, California in 1962 when Glenn Bell opened a food place that started as hamburgers and hot dogs, but he took his opportunity being located in a Hispanic neighborhood and ran with his idea of serving tacos. This took off and he eventually opened the first Mexican fast food restaurant… Taco Bell!
We all enjoy tacos just as much as the next person, and there’s so many ways to eat them! From beef, to chicken, to pork and vegetarian… the taco combinations are endless! Enjoy your favorite dish on National Taco Day with one of these recipes below!
Beef Tacos – give your typical ground beef tacos a rest and instead try these unique recipes:
- Skip the ground beef! These Brisket Tacos are an easy way to put a twist on your family’s Taco Tuesday.
- Add a kick of flavor to taco night with these BBQ Beef Soft Tacos.
- Get the feel and flavor of food truck goodness at home with these Meatball Street Tacos.
- Grilled Flank Steak Tacos are a delicious way to bring your steak loving family to the table.
Chicken Tacos – pack your tacos with these tasty poultry recipes:
- Don’t have time to cook an elaborate dinner? These 15-Minute Soft Chicken Tacos are a life saver!
- Pack your taste buds with these Shredded Chicken Tacos with La Vaquita® Queso Fresco.
- Add a burst of kicking hot buffalo sauce to your dinner with these Buffalo Chicken Tacos.
Pork Tacos – if you’ve never tried pork tacos, you’ve totally been missing out:
- Replace your bring taco routine with Quick Carnita Tacos.
- Hearty Breakfast Tacos are a tasty start to any day for taco lovers.
- Do you enjoy the southern taste of pulled pork? If so, you’ll love these to-die-for Pulled Pork Tacos.
Seafood Tacos – between fish and shrimp tacos, we can’t get enough:
- You will SEA the excitement on your family’s face when you serve Fiesta Shrimp Tacos.
- Fish your family’s wish right from the grocery store with these scrumptious Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa.
- Baja Fish Tacos are an alternative to your regular tacos for your next family meal.
- Shrimp? Yes, please! These Asian Shrimp Tacos with Sriracha Cream are a spicy way to kick up the flavor at dinner.
Vegetarian Tacos – enjoy meatless tacos with these delicious recipes:
- Skip the meat! These Spicy Black Bean Tacos are all the flavor minus the meat!
- Vegetarians rejoice! These Meatless Tacos are a tantalizing way to bring the whole family together for some meatless, delicious eats!
Treat yourself with these dessert tacos:
- This Choco Taco is the sweetest and easiest way to end National Taco Day!
- Stuff your waffle with ice cream to make these decadent Ice Cream Tacos!
- If you’re feeling adventurous, make Homemade Ice Cream Tacos with your favorite ice cream flavor.
What’s your favorite way to chow down on tacos? Share with us in the comments below!