15 Legit Gourmet Ways to Celebrate Pizza Day
It’s National Pizza Day and we’re celebrating the gourmet way!
Pizza is one of the most popular foods in the world and a common fast food item in Europe and North America.The modern pizza was invented in Naples, and the dish and its variants have since become popular in many areas of the world. Pizza was brought to the United States with Italian immigrants in the late 19th century, and first appeared in areas where Italian immigrants concentrated. It is so popular, 13 percent of the U.S. population consumes pizza on any given day.
As our tastes have evolved, so has our pizza. Try one of these unique gourmet twists on the original:
- Polynesian Popcorn Shrimp Pizza pops with flavors of the islands.
- Who wouldn’t want pizza for breakfast? You can feel good about serving this lighter Breakfast Pizza with Homemade Hummus and Whole Wheat Dough.
- Spice up any meal with easy-to-make Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- Sweet and tangy Pulled Pork and Pineapple Pizza is a delicious combo for any night of the week.
- Grilled Spinach-Alfredo Pizza is sure to become your go-to for pizza night with a cheesy mixture of bacon, chicken and spinach.
- Artisan Crust Chicken and Fire Roasted Vegetable Pizza has full-on flavor in every bite and goes from oven to table in minutes.
- For a sweet serving of happiness, try this easy Tutti Frutti Dessert Pizza.
- Fun Size Hawaiian Pizza is a taste of the tropics for one.
- Fire up your taste buds and your grill for a do-it-yourself Grilled Mediterranean Pizza.
- Indulge in the savory flavors of Pepper Jack and Double Olive Pizza piled high with tantalizing toppings.
- Perk up your pizza with Luscious Artichoke Heart Pizza featuring herbed cheese and Parmesan for a creamy and delicious flavor combination.
- Turkey and 3 Cheese Phyllo Flatbread Pizza is an incredibly tasty and unique way to use up those turkey leftovers.
- Sweet and salty come together in this Prosciutto Fig Pizza with Blue Cheese that is sure to impress.
- Foodies rejoice in the mouthwatering flavors of Kale & Bacon with Ricotta Pizza.
- Enjoy the bold flavors of Grilled BBQ Cheddar Chicken Pizza that is simple to make and even easier to devour.
You can celebrate Pizza Day all year-round! If you try one of these recipes, be sure to snap a pic and share it on social media with the #EasyHomeMeals hashtag.
 Helstosky, Carol (2008). Pizza: A Global History. Reaktion Books. p. 48