15 Cool Italian Ice Concoctions for Summer
July might be Ice Cream Month, but we can’t forget about all of the different treats you can find in the ice cream aisle, like Italian ice! While Italian ice started as a popular street-cart treat, it can be enjoyed at home year-round by stocking your freezer. Italian ice is similar to sorbet and shaved ice, but differs with sherbet because it does not contain egg or dairy.
People have been enjoying Italian ice, or water ice, for centuries. It can be traced back to Ancient Rome and Greece where, it is said, people would infuse handfuls of snow from Mount Etna with wines and syrups as a special delicacy. In fact, Sicily is often cited as the birthplace of modern water ice.
You can find all of these Italian ice flavors & combination flavors in the ice cream aisle:
Ready to get creative? You can use Italian ice to make these tasty concoctions:
- Blend up a creamy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie.
- You’ll enjoy this unique take on the Root Beer Float.
- We agree that this really is The Best Frozen Whiskey Sour Ever!
- Cool off with a tasty Watermelon Cooler.
- These Strawberry Lemonade Pie Cups make for the perfect summer dessert.
- Forget the mix and blend up your own refreshing Mango Daiquiri!
- With just three ingredients, your kiddos will love the sweet and tartness of this Galaxy Drink.
- We can’t resist the combination of blueberry and lemon, especially in this Blueberry Lemonade Margarita!
- This Banana Mango Smoothie gives you the right amount of energy when you’re on-the-go.
- If you like Moscow Mules than you’ll love this Watermelon Mule.
- This Sunset Ombre Drink tastes as yummy as it looks!
- This Black Forest Protein Shake can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert!
- This Honey Ginger Berry Smoothie is garnished with lemon Italian ice.
- Have your friends over and sip on electrifying Razzmatazz Lemonade!
- This Tropical Coconut Drink is oh-so easy to make.
What’s your favorite flavor of Italian ice? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals!