12 Unexpected Recipes to Celebrate National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
This is the month to celebrate America’s love affair with peanut butter. We spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter in the United States. This versatile ingredient appears in candy, desserts, sandwiches and even savory main dishes.
There’s a jar of peanut butter in 75 percent of the homes in America. The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before graduating from high school. But peanut butter doesn’t have to be just for sandwiches. Try some of these unique recipes to help you celebrate this luscious legume morning, noon or night.
- Make a good thing great with this heavenly version of Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana S’more Puffs.
- Three favorite flavors in one cool treat, Coffee Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops freeze up some tasty fun in no time.
- Spice up your weeknight meal with Breezy Indian Spiced Chicken with Peanut Sauce, Dates and Grilled Mango.
- Blend up this easy Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie for the perfect flavor combo with a protein boost.
- Who can resist a ball of peanut butter dipped in chocolate? Everyone will be wild about Candy Buckeyes.
- Cold Noodles with Peas and Peanut Sauce is an easy, delicious dish that you can make for your next Meatless Monday.
- The PB & J Smoothie combines the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a frothy drink.
- For a sweet treat that is sure to impress your holiday guests, Peanut Butter Truffle Balls will make you look like a pro.
- Love Cheesecake as much as peanut butter? Now you don’t have to choose with Frozen Peanut Butter Pie and its peanut butter-cream cheese filling.
- Satisfy your sweet (peanut butter) tooth with Bite-Size Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Tarts.
- Don’t be afraid to put peanut butter on your dinner plate. Peanut Butter Steak Tacos with sriracha makes for the perfect pairing.
- The Waffle P B & J is an updated take on the traditional sandwich that makes a great breakfast or lunch.
Will you be celebrating Peanut Butter Lovers Month with a special treat?